5 Quick Local Food Benefits
- No steroids or growth hormones ever.
- Money is brought back into the local community.
- Healthier and fresher produce since it’s grown locally.
- You know where your food comes from.
- Environmentally friendly due to reduced transportation.
"It’s a pleasure supplying pork to HomeGrown Market because I can see the benefit it brings to me, my family,the consumer and Fairbanks as a whole. Eating local is good for everyone.”
(Todd Elsberry Farms, Eielson Farm Road, Fairbanks)
Fresh Food From Local Suppliers
Snow Clover Farm – Two Rivers
Grass Fed Beef
Misty Mountain Farms – Delta Junction
Grain Finished Angus
Elsberry Farm– North Pole
Dream Acres – North Pole
Copper River Seafood – Cordova
Salmon, crab, halibut
Matanuska Creamery – Palmer
Milk, Cheese and Ice Cream
Circle H Ranch – Fairbanks
Papa’s Eggs – North Pole
Various Local Farmers
Carrots, potatoes, seasonal produce